Extreme weather intensifies as the Arctic warms and the polar vortex and jet stream weaken, which is fueled by accelerated warming in the Arctic. There are at least ten feedbacks that contribute to further acceleration of warming in the Arctic and without action the situation looks set to spiral away into runaway global warming, as illustrated by the image below.
|Diagram of Doom, with Comprehensive Plan of Action added (credit: Sam Carana, October 9, 2012)|
To avert an intensifying global food crisis, a comprehensive plan of action is needed, as also indicated on the image. Such a plan should be comprehensive and consider action in the Arctic such as wetland management, ice thickening and methane management (methane removal through decomposition, capture and possibly extraction).
- Threat to global food supply makes comprehensive action imperative
- Comprensive Plan of Action
- Diagram of Doom
- Opening further Doorways to Doom
- Terraforming Earth
- Changes to Polar Vortex affect mile-deep ocean circulation patterns
- Arctic sea ice loss is effectively doubling mankind's contribution to global warming